Steak, Potato, Asparagus Skillet Dinner + Chimichurri
Steak on a weeknight? Yes please! Try this easy, quick one-pan oven-roasted dinner recipe.
Who relegated steak dinner to special occasions? Whether you’re planning for a quick weeknight dinner, date night or hosting guests — in the paraphrased words of Marie Antoinette — serve up this skillet dinner and let them eat steak!
This juicy steak dinner (or lunch, no judgement here) shares the stage with lemony asparagus and perfectly roasted potatoes, soft on the inside but golden and crunchy on the outside.
But here’s the best part, friends. Everything is cooked in one pan, and prep takes just 15 minutes! A no-fuss, skillet steak dinner?! Hallelujah!
A bright, herbaceous chimichurri sauce adds incredible color and serves as a beautiful contrast to the savory, umami flavors of the roasted items in this dish. After you measure out the ingredients, it takes seconds to blend them together in a food processor. Otherwise, you can very finely chop the ingredients and mix together for the same effect.
This versatile skillet dinner is right at home as a cozy winter dinner or an al fresco summertime meal. It’s ready fast enough to pull together in a pinch, but looks good enough to impress anyone!
Make this skillet dinner your own
No matter what flavors you’re craving or what’s available in the grocery store, this dinner is very customizable.
Seasoning: Simple salt and pepper is the quickest way to go, but if you’ve got time to spare, get creative!
Veggies: Feel free to use anything that’s in season. You may have to cook the veggies for another few minutes, as asparagus cooks very quickly.
Steak: You can serve it with a slab of butter, caramelized onions, red wine sauce or any way you prefer if you don’t feel like wrangling the ingredients for a chimichurri. Marinades are always good, too.
Portion: This meal serves two (or one VERY hungry person). If you’re looking to make this meal more filling, add another cup of potatoes. If you adjust the size of the steak, you may have to add or subtract a few minutes to the cooking time.
Skillet Dinner Ingredients
- Rib eye
- Potatoes (thin-skinned varietal, such as fingerling or new potatoes)
- Dried rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- White onion
- White vinegar
- Red pepper
- Clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
Any pan will work, but cast iron will be your best friend here. It’s incredible for getting you that nice roasty exterior on your potatoes. In a large cast iron or other pan, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Spread evenly across the pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
While potatoes bake, remove your steak from the fridge. You want it to be room temperature when it’s placed into the oven. Coat steak with salt and pepper.
After removing your pan from the oven, scoot potatoes onto one-third of the pan. On the opposite side, add the asparagus with salt and pepper to taste. Place rib eye in the center of the pan. Sprinkle lemon primarily on the asparagus, but drizzle the remainder on the steak.
Bake for approx 10-14 minutes, depending on how you like your steak cooked. Flip the steak halfway through.
For the chimichurri, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until evenly combined (or finely chop ingredients and combine if you don’t have a food processor).
Allow steak to rest before slicing, then serve with chimichurri and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @FeedTheSoulBlog for video tutorials and more exclusive content! Here’s a peek at how I pulled the steak and side dishes together.
Want More Skillet + Sheet Pan Recipes?
Paper-Baked Jalapeńo-Ginger White Fish With Zucchini
Baked Eggs With Goat Cheese In Marinara Sauce
Honey-Mustard Glazed Salmon With Roasted Broccoli (sauce prepared separately)
Miso Butter Baked Fish With Roasted Maple Carrots + Rosemary Potatoes (sauce prepared separately)
One-Pan Steak Dinner with Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus + Chimichurri Sauce
- Cast iron skillet or other oven-safe pan
- Optional: food processor
For the meal:
- 1 lb. rib eye room temperature
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 c. potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. Dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the chimichurri:
- 1 c. parsley loosely packed in measuring cup
- 1 c. cilantro loosely packed in measuring cup
- ½ c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white onion minced
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
For the meal:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large cast iron skillet or other oven-safe pan, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Spread evenly across pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Scoot potatoes onto one third of the pan. On the opposite side, add the asparagus with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of your rib eye. Place it in the center of the pan. Take ½ of lemon and sprinkle over asparagus, with the remainder going on the rib eye.
- Bake for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through, for a medium steak.Adjust cooking time by approx 1.5 minutes to get a steak that’s more rare or well done, checking with a meat temperature to ensure it’s safe.
- Allow meat to rest briefly before slicing and serving with chimichurri and lemon slices, if desired.
For the chimichurri:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until evenly combined in a uniform texture. If you don’t have a food processor, chop the ingredients as finely as possible and combine in a small bowl.
Like This Recipe?
1. Give it a rating in the comment section (scroll down).
2. Save it for later on Pinterest! Click an image below.
Honolulu girl obsessed with farmers markets, eating, seasonal ingredients, eating, writing and eating. Read more about me here and get new recipes from me every week @feedthesoulblog.
2 thoughts on “Steak, Potato, Asparagus Skillet Dinner + Chimichurri”
Really good. I made this for the first time tonight. It was gone before I took a picture! I couldn’t find rib eye so I used a tender couple of filets. Very good and easy. Thank you!
Yay, thank you! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed it ❤️❤️