Honey Mustard-Glazed Salmon With Mashed Potatoes + Broccoli
Served with veggies and mashed potatoes. This sauce is my favorite way to eat salmon, hands-down. Healthy, simple, easy. What more could you want in a dinner recipe?!
This salmon dinner is in my weekly rotation. It’s a no-brainer meal that I can throw together with minimal prep after a long day of work. It’s easy, healthy and makes my mouth water. There’s no waiting hours for a marinade — just season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Then set it and forget it! It’s essentially a one-pan dinner. Though the sauce is made on the stovetop, your starch can be cooked in the same pan, too.
But as easy as this dinner is, the real seller is the honey-mustard sauce. It is so quick and tastes like candy! I cannot stop sneaking tastes of this while it is cooking. It’s my favorite way to cook salmon — the bold Dijon mustard, the sweet honey, the kiss of citrus and light, earthy dill play so well off of the fish.
I love to balance the crisp, roasted veggies with creamy, mashed red potatoes, but they do have to be boiled and cooked separately on the stove. Once that’s done, however, it just takes a few minutes to finish the dish after the potatoes have cooked.
In a rush? No worries. Make the entire meal a sheet-pan dinner by halving some mini potatoes, tossing them in olive oil, salt and pepper, and letting them cook in the oven for about 10 minutes while you prep the other ingredients. When that’s done, make room for the salmon and veggies, then cook everything together until the fish is ready.
I love this dinner because not only is it easy, but it’s highly customizable. Swap the broccoli for asparagus, zucchini, green beans carrots or squash.
Not feeling the honey mustard sauce? Simply season the fish with lemon juice and herbs, or even use a bottled salad dressing such as teriyaki, Italian or something with balsamic vinegar. Butter, white wine, lemon and minced garlic are a classic combination with seafood too.
Honey Mustard-Glazed Salmon With Broccoli And Mashed Potatoes
- sheet pan
- aluminum foil
- potato masher
- 4 6 oz salmon filets
- 2 lbs. mini red potatoes
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 sprigs dill
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard (Or your preferred type of mustard)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil over medium high/high heat and add the potatoes. Cook until soft and remove from water.
- Zest the lemon. Chop broccoli.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon over fish, and salt and pepper both sides of filets and place on pan. Slice the other half of the lemon and place atop fish.Place broccoli on the pan, and add salt, pepper and garlic. Toss together with your hands.
- You’ll want to cook these for about 15 minutes. Ensure the fish is done by prodding open the center of the filet with a fork. If it’s flaky, it’s ready!
- In a saucepan under medium heat, combine mustard, honey, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally.
- Add cream, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste into the pot of drained potatoes. Bring under medium low heat and mash the potatoes, skin on.
- When the fish is thoroughly cooked and the sauce has reduced into a glaze, you’re ready to plate! Spoon the honey mustard sauce over the salmon and top with chopped dill.
Like this recipe? Share it on Pinterest!
Honolulu girl obsessed with farmers markets, eating, seasonal ingredients, eating, writing and eating. Read more about me here and get new recipes from me every week @feedthesoulblog.
2 thoughts on “Honey Mustard-Glazed Salmon With Mashed Potatoes + Broccoli”
Another mouth-watering recipe! Love this clean eating blog!
Yay, glad to hear it!