Peaches + Cream Yogurt Loaf
Peach dessert recipes have never looked as good as this easy loaf cake recipe with just 7 main ingredients. Try it with fresh peaches or nectarines.
This time of year, one of my favorite booths in the farmers market is the peach stand. I do my shopping everywhere else first, and save the peach stand for last as a special treat to myself. There’s nothing quite like biting into a perfectly ripened peach, juice dripping down your chin and fingers. This loaf cake recipe is an ode to one of summer’s most wonderful fruits, and it just might be my very favorite peach dessert recipe!
Fresh, juicy yellow peaches speckle this beginner-friendly, yogurt loaf with 7 ingredients (plus a pinch of salt). Honey-flavored Greek yogurt gives this peach cake recipe a rich, decadent texture and keeps the loaf nice and hydrated. No dry, crumbly, sad loafs here. It bakes to a beautiful, light golden brown crust but still makes for a delicious snack with your morning coffee. It’s the cake version of that classic, clean peaches n’ cream flavor.
Just get a look at that close-up!
This peach cake recipe is definitely an indulgent treat, but I don’t find it to be too heavy. I usually eat this as a breakfast loaf with my morning coffee.
It also makes an excellent dessert. If you want to up the ante and make it feel a bit more rich, feel free to serve it with melted butter or a simple icing. Maybe throw a scoop of vanilla icing into the mix. Why not?
But no matter how I serve this loaf cake recipe, I like to serve it warm! I tend to store it in the fridge — it keeps well for several days in an airtight container (if it lasts that long — then pop a slice of peach cake in the microwave for a few seconds.
Eagle-eyed readers will notice nectarines are photographed in this peach recipe. Feel free to use either, or whatever looks best at the market that day. Baking may be a science, but there is room for some creativity here!
Watch Me Make This Peach Dessert!
Can’t see the video below? Watch it here.
Peach Cake Recipe Ingredients
- Honey-flavored Greek yogurt (vanilla is OK in a pinch)
- Baking powder
- White sugar
Be careful to buy Greek yogurt, not regular yogurt. It’s more watery and not as thick and creamy as Greek yogurt. This will mess with the proportions of the other ingredients.
You might have noticed that this recipe calls for less sugar than your average sweet bread recipe. If you decide to go with plain Greek yogurt, add another ¼ cup sugar or more, to suit your tastes.
Peach Cake Recipe Instructions
Preheat your oven and line a loaf pan around 8.5×4.5×2.5 inches with parchment paper, if you’d prefer an easy cleanup. Otherwise you can just grease it before pouring your batter inside.
Mix dry ingredients in one large bowl. In another, smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, and mix until fully combined. Gently fold in peaches.
Pour batter into pan and bake until you can poke the center of the peach cake with a toothpick, fork or knife and the device comes out clean.
Peaches And Cream Yogurt Loaf
- loaf pan, approx. 8.5×4.5×2.5 inches
- parchment paper and/or cooking spray/oil to grease the pan
- 1 peach chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- cooking spray or butter/oil to grease the pan
- 1.5 cups flour
- ½ c. white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup honey-flavored Greek yogurt or any sweetened Greek yogurt
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line your loaf pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mix dry ingredients in one large bowl. In another, smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, and mix until fully combined. Gently fold in peaches.
- Pour batter into pan and bake approx. 45-50 minutes, or until cake is a light golden brown and you can poke the center of the peach cake with a toothpick, fork or knife and the device comes out clean.Allow to cool and serve while warm!
Like This Recipe?
1. Give it a rating in the comment section (scroll down).
2. Save it for later on Pinterest! Click an image below.
MORE BAKED GOODS:
- Quick Herbed Olive Dinner Bread
- Roasted Garlic + Rosemary Bread
- Traditional Irish Soda Bread (no-yeast quick bread)
- Peaches + Cream Loaf
- Passionfruit Olive Oil Cake
- Persimmon Tart with Cinnamon + Orange Marmalade
- Zucchini Bread Muffins