Green Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
With fresh kale and cilantro, these spicy garlic chili oil noodles are healthier and more nutritious than TikTok’s famous recipe.
If you haven’t seen the famous TikTok garlic chili oil noodles on your social feed, do you even internet?
This vegan recipe is quick, easy and comforting — just like the original — but your body will thank you for the subtle addition of kale (you won’t even taste it)! Cilantro and green onion add a fresh brightness, while sesame seeds bring a nutty crunch.
I am all for a bowl of oily carbs, but I sure feel a whole lot better it if some sort of vegetable thrown in there. #balance
They’re the perfect blend of salty, umami and spicy, though you can always add a smaller amount of red pepper flakes if you’re worried about the heat.
But if you like a lil’ bit of spice in your life, there’s something so satisfying about tossing your noodles in that hot red chili oil. 🤤
All of the ingredients are totally accessible and easy to find at your average grocery store.
It’s way simple to make — watch me prepare this below!
Watch Me Make These Hot Chili Oil Noodles
Ingredients For Garlic Chili Oil Noodles Recipe
- Noodles of your choice (e.g. dry spaghetti, rice noodles, ramen noodles, etc.)
- Olive oil or neutral-flavored oil
- Soy sauce
- Green onion
- Red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds
Key Steps Of The TikTok Spicy Noodles Recipe
The secret is all in the garlic chili oil.
I like to start by briefly toasting the red pepper flakes. This is totally optional, but I always toast my spices, nuts and grains before working with them. It adds a lovely depth of flavor.
Next, add an olive oil or a neutral-flavored oil. If you love sesame oil, you can use that too.
Let this mixture do its thing for a little while, then add in garlic and other toppings. Be careful at this step! The hot oil may spatter. You also want to avoid burning the garlic here, so be quick to throw in the kale, soy sauce and sesame seeds.
Feel free to play around with the amount of chili flakes here. If you have a higher spice tolerance, add more. If you’re super sensitive, use less.
The Magic Of Making Chili Oil Noodles With Cilantro
Fresh cilantro brings the whole dish together! Its herbaceous flavor is the perfect counterpoint to these spicy, oily noodles.
I know cilantro is a controversial herb, so you can totally skip it.
For me, it’s the more the merrier! I like to add about a half-cup to this recipe and stir it into the noodles. Though you may want to use a bit less and add it as a garnish. Do ya thang.
Green Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti rice noodles, ramen noodles, or noodles of your choice
- Scant 1/2 c. Olive oil or neutral-flavored oil
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Green onion chopped
- 2 c. Kale chopped
- ¼ c. to ½ c. Cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. Sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to instructions on package, drain and set aside.
- Place a pan on medium low heat. Add red pepper flakes and olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally and watch out for spattering oil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir garlic, kale, soy sauce and sesame seeds into oil mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes, until leaves reduce in size.
- Stir in noodles and toss in the pan. Fold in green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.