Bread Pudding In A Mug (For One; In Microwave)
Learn how to make bread pudding mug cake from scratch with one of the best mug cake recipes out there! Comforting, cozy and cinnamony with chocolate chips or raisins, this simple mug cake recipe is a keeper.
- 1 heaping c. cubed bread cut into approximately 1” pieces
- 1/2 c. milk or dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips or other add-ins (e.g. raisins, nuts)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. honey/maple syrup plus more for drizzling
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, honey/maple syrup and milk, and make sure that honey isn’t sticking to the bottom of the bowl. Stir in cinnamon and chocolate chips, then stir in bread cubes. Pour mixture into a mug, then stir to ensure chocolate chips are evenly distributed.
Microwave 2.5 minutes. Give it another stir, allow it to cool, maybe drizzle some extra honey/maple syrup on top and enjoy!