Bread Pudding In A Mug For One
Learn how to make bread pudding in a mug from scratch, in a microwave, with one of the best mug cake recipes ever! Comforting, cozy and cinnamony with chocolate chips or raisins, this simple bread pudding mug cake recipe is a keeper.
Ever found yourself with a hunk of leftover baguette that you have no clue what to do with? Because same. I have wasted too many innocent loaves because of my uncertainty and indecision.
*moment of silence*
But, friends, those dark days are behind us. From now on, we make this comforting, cinnamony, chocolatey, moist microwaved bread pudding in a mug cake!
This is a foolproof recipe that’s made with five key ingredients. It’s a total of six if you choose to use chocolate chips (and you SHOULD add chocolate chips) or whatever else you might desire, like walnuts. Very simple to prepare and beginner-friendly.
Like, hello?!?! Are you seeing this melty chocolate?! To dieeeeeeee for ?
A comforting cup o’ bread pudding in a mug is the perfect choice for those nights when you’re desperate for a sweet treat, don’t have a fully stocked pantry, but want to snack on something a little more refined than chocolate chips out of the bag. (I do it too — no judgment here) This bread pudding mug cake recipe still feels a little special, but you don’t have to wait 40 minutes for it to bake.
As if you needed another reason to love this bread pudding for one, need I remind you that it’s made IN A MUG?! Perfect single serving size, plus it’s portable, also that means even fewer dishes for you!
I bet you already have most, if not all, of the ingredients you need in your pantry. Let’s take a look…
Ingredients For Quick Bread Pudding Mug Cake
- Bread loaf
- Milk or dairy-free milk
- Honey or maple syrup
- Optional: Chocolate chips or other add-ins
Add-Ins + Substitutions
If you want to make this bread pudding mug cake recipe a bit more your own, here are some things you might consider tweaking or adding:
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon chips
- Brown sugar
- Fresh fruits
- Substitute cinnamon for cardamom
Instructions For Bread Pudding For One
So simple, it almost feels silly dedicating a section to this. Nonetheless:
- Chop bread into cubes first, then set aside. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl, then stir in bread and chocolate.
- Pour into a mug, give it another stir, then microwave. Tada! Serve it up with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream and thank me later.
Bread Pudding In A Mug (For One; In Microwave)
- 1 heaping c. cubed bread cut into approximately 1” pieces
- 1/2 c. milk or dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips or other add-ins (e.g. raisins, nuts)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. honey/maple syrup plus more for drizzling
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, honey/maple syrup and milk, and make sure that honey isn’t sticking to the bottom of the bowl. Stir in cinnamon and chocolate chips, then stir in bread cubes. Pour mixture into a mug, then stir to ensure chocolate chips are evenly distributed.
- Microwave 2.5 minutes. Give it another stir, allow it to cool, maybe drizzle some extra honey/maple syrup on top and enjoy!
Like This Recipe?
1. Give it a rating in the comment section (scroll down).
2. Save it for later on Pinterest! Click an image below.
MORE BAKED GOODS:
- Quick Herbed Olive Dinner Bread
- Roasted Garlic + Rosemary Bread
- Traditional Irish Soda Bread (no-yeast quick bread)
- Peaches + Cream Loaf
- Passionfruit Olive Oil Cake
- Persimmon Tart with Cinnamon + Orange Marmalade
- Zucchini Bread Muffins
Honolulu girl obsessed with farmers markets, eating, seasonal ingredients, eating, writing and eating. Read more about me here and get new recipes from me every week @feedthesoulblog.
1 thought on “Bread Pudding In A Mug For One”
Leftover bread??? I never have that, but I’ll buy some just to make this delicious looking dessert!